REGISTER WITH CONFIDENCE
As the COVID-19 situation is changing daily, we want you to feel confident about booking into our events.
As always, the health and safety of our guests, partners, and employees are of our utmost priority.
Hong Kong Department of Justice Address: Recent Anti-Corruption Trends, Enforcement and Development
William Tam, SC,
Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions, Head of the Commercial Crime
Sub-Division, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
Having successfully ran for the past five years, Asian Legal Business is proud to be organizing next year’s 6th ALB Hong Kong Anti-Corruption and Compliance Forum 2020 on 9 July 2020 at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers (tentative). This annual forum gathers legal experts, in-house compliance professionals and government leaders together to discuss pertinent issues, corruption investigations and enforcement trends across Hong Kong and the Greater China.
Join us at this event to get regulatory updates and explore practical tips to mitigate anti-corruption risks and delve deep into key concerns which legal/compliance professionals need to address to successfully safeguard corporate reputations and businesses.
Benefits Of Attending
- Networking opportunities with senior In-House counsels, lawyers and business leaders who are on top of their game.
- In-depth workshops focusing on the latest legal issues presented by top domestic and international law firms VIP networking luncheon and refreshments
- Speaker notes and materials provided
- Corporate In-House Counsels
- General, Legal and Corporate Counsels
- Chief Legal/Ethics/Integrity/Risk Officers
- Heads of Corporate Legal, Compliance and Governance
- Corporate Legal and Compliance Directors, Managers and Executives
- Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management
- CEOs, CFOs and Company Secretaries
- In-House Legal Advisers and Consultants
- Private Practice and Corporate Law Firms
- Information Security and Technology Providers
- Consultants and Experts from Corporate and Financial Services, Legal and Compliance Industry
Stay tune for more updates on the agenda.
For further information, please contact Willy Leonardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6870 3102
To view the 2019 forum's agenda, please visit - https://bit.ly/2PuBWqq
Forum Topics at a Glance*
- Anticipating the U.S. Trade Sanctions and Export Control Regime on Hong Kong – Regulatory Updates, Compliance Expectations and Enforcement Practices
- Corporate Fraud, Asset Tracing & Conducting Investigations within Asian Jurisdictions – Challenges, Pitfalls and Best Practices
- Navigating Around China’s Blocking Statute on Judicial Sovereignty for Multinational Companies
- Conducting Effective Risk Assessment and Monitoring Prior to Investments and Doing Business in Asia and High Risks Countries
- Overcoming FCPA Risks Faced in Hong Kong and the Greater China Region: Latest DOJ Guidance, White Collar Prosecutions and Enforcement Actions
- Enhancing Corporate Due Diligence on Third Party Corruption and Bribery Risks in Asia through Compliance Solutions
- Addressing the Complicated Cross-Border Regulations of Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity in China
- Establishing Effective Internal Control Systems to Mitigate Bribery and Corruption Risks
- Applying and Optimizing e-Discovery and Forensic Solutions in Anti-Corruption Investigations
- Best Practices in Management Approach to Create and Align Employees with Strong Corporate Compliance Culture
- Identifying Hot Spots and Strengthening Compliance on a Corporate Level in View of Increasing Multi-Jurisdictional Enforcements
- Anti-Unfair Competition Law Updates, Merger Control Regime and Antitrust Compliance in China
- Data Privacy, Governance and Best Practices in an Era of Compliance
*Forum agenda is not final and subject to further revisions
Interested to speak on any of the above topics? Contact Willy Leonardi at email@example.com or call +65 6870 3102
Details of participating speakers will be updated shortly.
For speaking details, please contact Willy at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out who participated and spoke at this year's forum, please visit - https://bit.ly/36dgP1N
William Tam, SC, Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions, Head of the Commercial Crime Sub-Division, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
Mr. William Tam SC is the head of the Commercial Crime Sub-Division within the Prosecutions Division of the Department of Justice. He joined the Legal Department (as it then was) in 1994 and for many years he advised on and prosecuted corporate frauds and corruption matters. He was appointed as Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions in 2012 and took silk in 2015. One of his work portfolios is to advise the ICAC, amongst other law enforcement agencies, on criminal matters and he also prosecutes criminal appeals from time to time in the Court of Appeal and the Court of Final Appeal.
- William Tam, SC, Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions, Head of the Commercial Crime Sub-Division, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
- Barbara Chiu, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Hong Kong SAR
- Yang Fan, Of Counsel, King & Wood Mallesons, Shenzhen
- Mini vandePol, Asia Pacific Head, Compliance & Investigations, Baker McKenzie
- Calvin Koo, Lawyer, Kobre & Kim
- Elizabeth Beattie, North Asia Journalist, Asian Legal Business
- Christina Winn, Head of ABC, APAC Internal Investigations, Fidelity International
- Suen Son Poon, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel, Income Partners Asset Management
- Sasha Kalb, Vice President Risk and Compliance, APAC, American Express Global Business Travel
- David Yongdae Lee, Head of Anti-Bribery & Corruption ASP, Financial Crime Compliance, Asia Pacific, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Angelia Lee, Asia Pacific Head of Business Integrity, CSL Behring
- Any many more to be announced!
Delegate Pricing :
Early Bird Rate* Standard Rate
Inhouse Legal / Government / Academic US$399 US$499
Law Firms US$399 US$899
Legal Service Providers & Consultants US$799 US$899
*Register before 28 August 2020 to qualify for the Early Bird Rate!
Group Bookings - Enjoy 20% discount when you register 5 or more delegates using this promo code "Z8FMVL2"
For more information regarding event sponsorship, kindly contact:
(+65) 6870 3102
(+65) 6870 3102