Our client is a global firm headquartered in the UK with regional Asia offices in Hong Kong and Singapore, where they provide advice to both APAC and international clients.
Their practice spans a wide range of industry sectors, working on both contentious and non-contentious matters for large multinationals to growth corporate firms and other professional practices.
They are looking for an insurance associate to work as a member of the wider Asia insurance team. The role will be to help the partners to grow the practice from an already excellent base and optimise client and contact base. This is an exciting opportunity to perform a senior, high visibility role in the growing and vibrant Singapore market in an open, friendly work environment.
- Management of a caseload of Professional Indemnity claims, including coverage issues
- Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of client service and alignment with agreed working practices and client service level agreements
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team's service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that for which the team is known and keep it client-focused
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvements etc.
- Capturing and collating required Management Information in accordance with agreed practice for clients
- Will have the opportunity to attend client events and/or travel, principally to London.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years' post qualified experience, commonwealth qualified (ideally UK), at a recognised insurance practice
- Have broad insurance experience but ideally with a focus on international property; marine insurance; off-shore energy; business interruption; engineering/machinery breakdown; construction (CAR/EAR) insurance claims (particularly in the power, onshore energy and industrial risks sectors)
- Candidates should have a strong academic background, an agile intellect, commercial acumen and a practical approach
- Ability to build and develop rapport with client; good client relationship skills
- Motivated and committed
- Strong organisational / project management skills
- Enthusiastic personality who likes to work in a team
- Energetic about client contact and keen to play a full role in practice development
- Chinese language skills are not required for this role
- Open to relocating from the UK
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635 or Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Insurance
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Insurance