Our client is a global M&A insurance provider offering specialised insurance products and services facilitating M&A transactions including representations and warranties (R&W)/warranty and indemnity (W&I) insurance, tax liability insruance and bespoke policies created for individual contingent risks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Corporate M&A lawyer to transition into an attractive career path as an underwriter. This is a technical, front office role. You will gain a broader understanding and perspective of corporate transactions, developing financial, tax and other business skills to complement your existing legal skills. These skills will enable logical and in-depth review of the risks assocaited with the ownership, financing and operation of a broad range of businesses. You will remain close to M&A transactions across a broad range of sectors, review the transactional documents and negotiate and draft policies.
- Assist the Asia Pacific M&A underwriting team to quote and underwrite M&A transactions across the Asia Pacific region in accordance with underwriting guidelines and controls.
- Assess transaction risks by reviewing and analysing the target business and its industry, transaction documents and due diligence reports, and conducting underwriting calls with the various stakeholders.
- Prepare coverage and pricing proposals as well as negotiate and draft bespoke warranty and indemnity insurance documents.
- Implement agreed strategies with management for growing the book of business.
- Develop commercially successful relationships with mergers and acquisitions production and distribution sources – with a focus on brokers, law firms and investment banks.
- Ideally 4-5 PQE; admitted in Singapore or another Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Private practice experience doing Corporate M&A transactions across different sectors
- Fluent in English; fluency in another Asian language would be an advantage but is not a must-have requirement
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Mergers & Acquisitions, Commercial, Private Equity
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Mergers & Acquisitions, commercial, Corporate (Private Equity)