Our client is a global M&A insurance provider offering specialised insurance products and services facilitating M&A transactions including representations and warranties (R&W)/warranty and indemnity (W&I) insurance, tax liability insurance and bespoke policies created for individual contingent risks.
This is an exciting opportunity for tax lawyer or tax professional to join a collegiate and high calibre team of underwriters as the tax specialist underwriter. This is a technical, front office role. You will be responsible for reviewing tax risks arising out of a range of transactions for the purposes of underwriting. This will involve working closely with business stakeholders, external tax consultants and legal advisors to assess the risk profile of transactions from a tax perspective.
- Assist the Asia Pacific underwriting team to quote and underwrite transactions across the Asia Pacific region in accordance with underwriting guidelines and controls.
- Assess transaction tax risks by reviewing and analysing the target business and its industry, transaction documents and due diligence reports, and conducting underwriting calls with the various stakeholders.
- Prepare coverage and pricing proposals as well as negotiate and draft bespoke tax liablity insurance documents.
- Ideally 5 to 7 years of corporate tax risk advisory experience either with a law firm or an international tax consultancy.
- Experience working on cross-border M&A transactions and advising on the tax risks arising of such transactions.
- Experience working across different territories in Asia would be ideal.
- Fluent in English; fluency in another Asian language would be an advantage but is not a must-have requirement.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: tax, Mergers & Acquisitions