Our client is currently looking for an Associate to join their Capital Markets practice in Hong Kong or Singapore. Our client is regularly involved in some of the most successful securities offerings throughout Asia-Pacific.
This is the opportunity for lawyers who are ambitious and passionate about working within and growing with a diverse team, and ready for the challenges of working in a global law firm.
You will be part of a team that works on both equity and debt capital markets transactions. Having US IPO and high yield experience will be an advantage but is not required.
- 1-4 PQE
- US bar qualification preferred but common law qualification will be considered
- Experience of both equity and debt capital markets work
- Native or fluency in Mandarin Chinese is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience from an international law firm
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Commercial and business awareness
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
- Strong professional presence
- Client service focus
- Team player
- Strong judgment
- Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply we’d like to hear from you, please send:
- your CV; and
- a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org (Europe & U.S.), email@example.com (Singapore) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Hong Kong) for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying for any of our roles or would like to have a general discussion on opportunities in the legal market please call:
- London office on +44 203 745 2513
- Singapore office on +65 6808 6635
- Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: equity capital markets, Debt Capital Markets, US Cap Markets