8 September 2023, Friday
Asian Legal Business presents a full-day virtual masterclass that equips you with an in-depth understanding of new and revised financial reporting standards issued by the Accounting Standards Council effective for the years 2022 to 2024. Practical issues will be examined with exercises to help you apply the developments in your preparation of accounts.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who needs to be aware of updates in International Financial Reporting Standards
• Finance Directors • Finance Managers • Accountants • Auditors
IFRS EFFECTIVE FOR FINANCIAL PERIODS BEGINNING ON OR AFTER 1 JANUARY 2022
1. Amendments to IFRS 3 Reference to the Conceptual Framework
2. Amendments to IFRS 1-16 Property, Plant and Equipment - Proceeds before Intended Use
3. Amendments to IFRS 1-37 Onerous Contracts—Cost of Fulfilling a Contract
4. Annual Improvements to IFRSs 2018–2020
IFRS EFFECTIVE FOR FINANCIAL PERIODS BEGINNING ON OR AFTER 1 JANUARY 2023
5. Amendments to IFRS 1-1 and IFRS Practice Statement 2 Disclosure of Accounting Policies
6. Amendments to IFRS 1-8 Definition of Accounting Estimates
7. Amendments to IFRS 1-12 Deferred Tax Related to Assets and Liabilities Arising from a Single Transaction
IFRS EFFECTIVE FOR FINANCIAL PERIODS BEGINNING ON OR AFTER 1 JANUARY 2024
8. Amendments to IFRS 1-1 Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-Current
9. Financial Reporting Bulletin 3 Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-Current
10. Amendments to IFRS 1-1 Non-Current Liabilities with Covenants
11. Amendments to IFRS 16 Lease Liability in a Sale and Leaseback
IFRS INTERPRETATIONS COMMITTEE (“IFRIC”) UPDATES
12. IFRS 1-7 Statement of Cash Flows - Demand Deposits with Restrictions on Use
13. IFRS 1-2 Inventories - Costs Necessary to Sell Inventories
14. IFRS 1-10 Events after the Reporting Period - Preparation of Financial Statements when an Entity is No Longer a Going Concern
8 September 2023, Friday
Sardool is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting of the NUS Business School. He has been lecturing for the past 20 years and is a highly sought-after seminar leader in the areas of Financial Reporting Standards, Cash Flow Statements, Analysis of Financial Statements, Consolidation and other technical accounting topics.
Sardool brings a commercial perspective to the understanding of complex Accounting Standards and simplifies the requirements of these Standards to enable the participants to have a clear understanding of the topic. Sardool is also the Chief Financial Officer of an investment company. Prior to his current appointment, he was the Group Financial Controller of a Singapore listed healthcare company. During his ten years in the healthcare industry, he was responsible for the entire Group financial functions and the IPOs of two subsidiaries on SESDAQ. He had also gained his working experience with KPMG Peat Marwick and a Japanese merchant bank.
8 September 2023, Friday
+65 6973 8312 / firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLICABILITY - These terms and conditions apply to the supply of conferences, workshops, events and exhibitions (the “Event”) by Thomson Reuters to delegates/attendees (“you”).
PAYMENT - Payment must be received by Thomson Reuters prior to attendance at the Event.
CANCELLATION - Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate/attendee is always welcome at no extra cost. Alternatively, provided you notify Thomson Reuters in writing (by letter, fax or email to email@example.com) 14 full days before the Event, Thomson Reuters will refund your registration fee, less a 15% administration charge with a minimum administration fee of $50+gst.
Regrettably, no refunds will be made if less than 14 full days notice of cancellation is given. However, if you cancel less than 14 full days before the Event, you may where applicable elect to receive presentation notes from the Event either electronically or in hardcopy.
Thomson Reuters reserves the right to change the date, venue and/or presenters of the Event at any time and without prior notice, and in any way deemed to be in the best interests of meeting the objectives of the Event. If Thomson Reuters cancels a workshop for any reason, your remedy is limited to a refund of the registration fee.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION - You are ultimately responsible for your own travel/accommodation bookings. Should the Event be rescheduled or cancelled, no compensation for such bookings will be available.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Thomson Reuters will not accept any liability for damages or loss of property or valuables belonging to any delegate/attendee attending the Event.
DISCLAIMER - Thomson Reuters accepts no responsibility for the views or opinions expressed by the presenters or any other persons at the Event.
FORCE MAJEURE - Thomson Reuters will not be liable for compensation for any matter or disruption outside its control (e.g. evacuations, road closures, bad weather, earthquake, flight cancellations or road closures).