In its third annual list, ALB showcases India’s top TMT/Fintech lawyers. These exceptional legal professionals have earned their place through outstanding work, commendations from clients, and recognition within the market. They have played a pivotal role in facilitating innovation, protecting intellectual property rights, ensuring regulatory compliance, and fostering the growth of this vibrant sector.
For the list of ALB India Top TMT/Fintech 2023, the ranking research team will conduct detailed analysis and evaluation of the lawyers’ work in the last 12 months primarily by assessing the following aspects and relying on third-party recognition:
1. TMT/fintech matters provided by lawyers that showcase their achievements over the course of their career; and
2. TMT/fintech matters provided by lawyers that showcase their achievements over the course of the last 12 months, the information of which is available through public channels.
The criteria for assessing objective information in these two aspects include:
1. Complexity of matters
2. Strategies employed by lawyers while handling such matters
3. Influence of such matters in the TMT/Fintech practice
The submission for the ranking of ALB India Top TMT/Fintech 2023 will be open until March 31, 2023.
One firm can nominate up to two lawyers who were:
1. admitted to practice law in India; and
2. had an outstanding achievement in TMT/fintech matters either taking place in India OR representing an Indian client overseas in the past 12 months.
1. Online research:
a. ALB will check the lawyers’ firm website to verify their profile;
b. Conduct online research to confirm the significant TMT/fintech matters submitted by the lawyers; and
c. Search for matters in which the lawyers participated in, in the last 12 months, which are available through public channels.
2. Phone interview (optional)
Interview with TMT/fintech specialists and clients provided in the Recommendation section of the submission form to understand more about the lawyers.
· significant matters handled in the entire career;
· significant matters in the last 12 months;
· key clients;
· new clients;
· significant accolades/third-party award or recognition;
· client comments;
· comments from managing partner or colleague; and
· TMT/fintech matters participated in and for which judgments were pronounced in the last 12 months.
ALB INDIA TOP TMT/FINTECH LAWYERS 2023
SHILPA MANKAR AHLUWALIA
DR ABHIMANYU CHOPRA