Welcome to ALB Hong Kong Anti-Corruption & Corporate Compliance Forum 2021
Thursday, 22 April 2021
Hong Kong (Hybrid Event Format)
Hong Kong Department of Justice Address:
Recent Developments in the Law of Bribery in the Private Sector
William Tam, SC,
Acting Director of Public Prosecutions, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
Having successfully ran for the past five years, Asian Legal Business is proud to be organizing this year’s ALB Hong Kong Anti-Corruption and Compliance Forum 2021 on 22 April. This annual forum gathers legal experts, in-house compliance professionals and government leaders together to discuss pertinent issues, corruption investigations and enforcement trends across Hong Kong and the Greater China.
Join us at this event to get regulatory updates and explore practical tips to mitigate anti-corruption risks and delve deep into key concerns which legal/compliance professionals need to address to successfully safeguard corporate reputations and businesses.
CPD points will be applied for this forum with the Law Society of Hong Kong and outcome to be updated in due course.
Given the current situation in Hong Kong, this year's forum will take place via a hybrid event format which involves both a live face-to-face event (subject to the latest social distancing guidelines by the Hong Kong government) along with live broadcasting of the forum sessions made available for attendees who cannot join in person due to limited capacity.
Benefits Of Attending
- Networking opportunities with senior In-House counsels, lawyers and business leaders who are on top of their game.
- In-depth workshops focusing on the latest legal issues presented by top domestic and international law firms VIP networking luncheon and refreshments
- Speaker notes and materials provided
- Corporate In-House Counsels
- General, Legal and Corporate Counsels
- Chief Legal/Ethics/Integrity/Risk Officers
- Heads of Corporate Legal, Compliance and Governance
- Corporate Legal and Compliance Directors, Managers and Executives
- Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management
- CEOs, CFOs and Company Secretaries
- In-House Legal Advisers and Consultants
- Private Practice and Corporate Law Firms
- Information Security and Technology Providers
- Consultants and Experts from Corporate and Financial Services, Legal and Compliance Industry
Forum agenda and topics will be updated shortly.
For any enquiry, please contact Willy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum Topics at a Glance*
- Hong Kong Department of Justice Address: Recent Developments in the Law of Bribery in the Private Sector
- Corporate Fraud, Asset Tracing & Conducting Investigations within Asian Jurisdictions – Challenges, Pitfalls and Best Practices
- Conducting Effective Risk Assessment and Monitoring Prior to Investments and Doing Business in Asia and High Risks Countries
- Overcoming FCPA Risks Faced in Hong Kong and the Greater China Region: Latest DOJ Guidance, White Collar Prosecutions and Enforcement Actions
- Enhancing Corporate Due Diligence on Third Party Corruption and Bribery Risks in Asia through Compliance Solutions
- Establishing Effective Internal Control Systems to Mitigate Bribery and Corruption Risks
- Applying and Optimizing e-Discovery and Forensic Solutions in Anti-Corruption Investigations
- Innovative Approaches to Develop Robust Compliance Programs and Align Employees with Corporate Objectives
- Strengthening Corporate Compliance in View of Increasing Multi-Jurisdictional Misconducts
- Anti-Unfair Competition Law Updates, Merger Control Regime and Antitrust Compliance in China
- Data Privacy, Governance and Best Practices in an Era of Compliance
*Forum agenda is not final and subject to further revisions
Interested to speak on any of the above topics? Contact Willy Leonardi at email@example.com or call +65 6870 3102
Details of participating speakers will be updated shortly.
For speaking details, please contact Willy at firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Confirmed Forum Speakers To Date
- William Tam, SC, Acting Director of Public Prosecutions, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
- Sasha Kalb, Vice President Risk and Compliance, APAC, American Express Global Business Travel
- Valentine Kang, Chief Compliance Officer - Asia, Veolia
- Michael Ting, Vice President, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Legal & Compliance – HK, Manulife (International) Limited
- Peter O'Keeffe, Head of Legal, Asia Pacific, Dr. Martens plc
- Natalie Da Gama-Rose, General Counsel, Asia Pacific, The Lane Crawford Joyce Group
- Zoe Shou, Group General Counsel, ESR
- Jonathan Shun Wah, Vice President - Lead Compliance Counsel, Pfizer Inc
- Mini vandePol, Asia Pacific Head, Compliance & Investigations, Baker McKenzie
- Barbara Chiu, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Hong Kong SAR
- Yang Fan, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Shenzhen
- And more to be updated !
William Tam, SC, Acting Director of Public Prosecutions, Prosecutions Division, Department of Justice
Sasha Kalb, Vice President Risk and Compliance, APAC, American Express Global Business Travel
Sasha joined American Express Global Business Travel in November 2014 as Vice President, Compliance & Risk, APAC, from 3M, where she was the company’s first APAC Compliance Counsel and built a brand as a trusted advisor who helped leaders grow their businesses in a compliant and sustainable manner. Prior to joining 3M, Sasha served as the APAC Regional Compliance Counsel for Avon Products, Inc. Sasha began her law career at Miller & Chevalier in Washington, D.C. She received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School and her B.A. cum laude from Barnard College, Columbia University in New York.
Mini vandePol, Asia Pacific Head, Compliance & Investigations, Baker McKenzie
Mini vandePol is the Head of Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Compliance & Investigations Group, after successfully completing three years as the Global Chair. Mini focuses on anti-bribery and corruption, trade sanctions, fraud and other senior executive misconduct investigations across Asia but most particularly in Hong Kong, China and India. Mini has more than 30 years' experience and is the trusted advisor to the boards and audit committees of the Firm's most significant global clients — assisting them to establish and enhance their risk management programs, assess risks in transactional opportunities and credibly investigate transgressions to support a strong commitment to a culture of compliance. In her previous Global Chair role, she led a team of 900+ compliance and investigations practitioners in Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America and North America, which was ranked amongst the Top 10 global investigations firms by Global Investigations Review in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Mini herself has been awarded "Woman Lawyer of the Year" in The Macallan ALB Hong Kong Law Awards and "Best in White Collar Crime" Euromoney Asia Women in Business Law Awards in 2019. She is also named one of the "Top 100 Women in Investigations" by Global Investigations Review.
Valentine Kang, Chief Compliance Officer - Asia, Veolia
Currently the Chief Compliance Officer - Asia based in Hong Kong. Previously with General Electric Company as the Asia Compliance Leader based out of Shanghai, China. Prior to that, also working at Paul Hastings.
Michael Ting, Vice President, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Legal & Compliance – HK, Manulife (International) Limited
Michael Ting is Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, Manulife (International) Limited. He heads up the Hong Kong legal and compliance functions at Manulife. In this role, he builds and maintains the overall legal and compliance framework of the company. He provides legal and compliance advice to the senior management team that is essential to the planning and execution of Manulife’s business strategies.
Mr. Ting has more than 20 years of solid and extensive experience in legal and compliance areas. Prior to joining Manulife, he held various senior legal and/or compliance positions at local or regional level with various major life insurers in Hong Kong. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the United States and is a qualified lawyer in Hong Kong, the United States and the United Kingdom. He started off his career in private practice as a litigator for insurance companies.
Peter O'Keeffe, Head of Legal, Asia Pacific, Dr. Martens plc
Peter O Keeffe is Head of Legal in Asia Pacific for the global footwear brand Dr. Martens plc.
Based in Hong Kong, Peter is responsible for overseeing all commercial and compliance matters for Dr. Martens’ business for its South East Asia, Australia, and China markets, as well as developing.
Peter started his legal career practicing as a Barrister-at-Law in Ireland, spending nearly a decade practicing in commercial and general litigation matters. Peter and joined Dr. Martens in 2015 and was Senior Legal Counsel for Dr. Martens group before moving to his current role as Head of Legal in Asia Pacific in 2018. As Head of Legal in Asia Pacific Peter develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of Dr. Martens’ compliance infrastructure in Asia Pacific and is responsible for the implementation and support of its global compliance program in the region.
Jonathan Shun Wah, Vice President - Lead Compliance Counsel, Pfizer Inc
Jonathan SHUN WAH is Vice President & Lead Compliance Counsel at Pfizer Inc, based in Hong Kong. He leads a team responsible for compliance related investigations in the APAC and Greater China Region. Mr. Shun Wah graduated from the University of Manchester with a degree in BA Accounting and Law and is a qualified lawyer in Hong Kong and England & Wales. Prior to joining Pfizer, he worked in the Hong Kong offices of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and Dechert LLP. Mr. Shun Wah has been involved in FCPA and other internal investigations around Asia for over 10 years.
Delegate Pricing :
Early Bird Rate* Standard Rate
Inhouse Legal / Government / Academic (VIRTUAL) Complimentary Complimentary
Law Firms (LIVE) US$799 US$899
Legal Service Providers & Consultants (LIVE) US$799 US$899
Attendees will be able to join the virtual forum and have full access to the virtual platform features.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, only paying delegates and a select group of invited guests will be able to join the forum live in person. To request for an invitation to join the forum in person, please email email@example.com
*Register before 19 March 2021 to qualify for the Early Bird Rate!
For more information regarding event sponsorship, kindly contact:
(+65) 6870 3102