Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s flexible consulting platform for self-directed lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with A&O or in-house with clients. Assignments span three to nine months duration and flexible working arrangements are available.
We are currently seeking a corporate M&A lawyer who meets the below requirements to join our panel:
- A right to reside in Singapore
- Qualification to practice in at least one of the following jurisdictions: England & Wales, United States, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia
- A minimum of three years' post-qualification experience gained in the team of a top tier private practice firm and/or global bank
- Experience in corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and general commercial matters
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally
Why be a Peerpoint consultant?
Traditional legal careers have offered a limited picture of success, defined as making it to either partnership or a general counsel position. But now, legal consulting is an established legal career that empowers you to define what success means to you and steer your career in whichever direction you choose.
You might want more control over your time to balance professional and personal ambitions. Whether that’s pursuing a passion, hobby, business idea or studies, spending more time with your family, or taking breaks between assignments to travel the world. Legal consulting allows you to continue progressing and developing as a lawyer, without putting the rest of your life on hold.
Or you might want more choice and control over, or variety in, your work. As a Peerpoint consultant, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the best assignments in a wide range of sectors and, through this variety, deepen your expertise. With an expanded skillset, you gain a competitive edge, either for a continued career as a legal consultant or to be able to move towards your goal of a certain type of permanent role in the future.
Supporting you and your career development
When you join our panel, you’ll receive the full support of our dedicated team, who work with you to understand your skillset, experience, motivations, and goals so that we can match you to the right opportunities.
When you’re on an assignment with us, you’ll also have access to a suite of A&O resources, including:
- an A&O partner contact
- A&O professional support lawyers and knowledge resources
- client newsletters and seminars
- invitations to A&O networks and pro bono opportunities
- bespoke Peerpoint support such as individualised coaching and exclusive events designed to meet your training and networking needs
If you are looking for more autonomy and greater control over your career then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or head to www.Peerpoint.com for more information and to submit an application.