Our client has a new position in their legal team for an enthusiastic commercial media lawyer to help support its direct to consumer content streaming business in Indonesia and the rest of South East Asia.
Duties and areas of responsibility
- Provide legal support as necessary for the expansion and growth of the group’s businesses in South East Asia and in particular with regard to issues impacting the direct to consumer businesses in Indonesia.
- Contract drafting, review, negotiations and interpretation for marketing, partnerships, promotions, and content acquisitions.
- Preparation of memoranda, advice and correspondence.
- Liaise with outside counsel.
- Negotiation with counterparties to agreements relating to the company's businesses in South East Asia.
- Research and advice on business legal and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the Legal Department to provide legal support and advice.
- LL.B. or JD or equivalent. Indonesia qualified lawyer preferred.
- Some working knowledge for technology services and platform and online business is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Proficient English and Bahasa Indonesia language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Excellent research/analysis, writing, negotiating and drafting skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Admitted to practice law in Indonesia and/or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning corporate/commercial law and intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark, and unfair competition, marketing/advertising, consumer protection, content regulation, and regulation of online services.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the media and entertainment industry.
- Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to follow direction and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Good time management skills with ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Willing to learn and adaptable.
- Thrives in collaborative team working environment to work towards shared goals and timeline.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Media & Technology, Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Media & Entertainment, commercial, IP